The APTC team in Suva had the privilege of hosting staff from AusAID in Suva on Friday 8th February. The AusAID team, comprised mostly staff who managed Fiji bilateral programs, took the opportunity to visit the operations of one of the largest activities funded by AusAID in Fiji.
The AusAID staff members were taken on a guided tour of APTC campus sites including:
- Walu Bay campus, where APTC delivers Certificate III programs in Engineering (Diesel Fitting; Automotive; Fitting and Machining)
- Gorrie Street campus, where APTC delivers Certificate III and IV programs in community services including Aged Care; Youth Care;Disability and Children’s Services
- APTC Hairdressing Training Salon
- FNU Narere campus, for Certificate III in Painting and Decorating; and
- the new APTC Certificate III in Electrical training facility at 4 Miles.
AusAID staff had the opportunity to talk to both trainers and students about their courses, as well as identify potential for cooperation between APTC and other AusAID programs.
Denise O’Brien, CEO and Jennie Dehn, Director Corporate Services accompanied the AusAID team. Tina Seniloli, Program Manager – Regional Education, from AusAID commented that “this was a good opportunity for the bilateral team to get a good understanding of what the APTC , as a regional program was about, including the range of courses offered, and the benefits of work placements and community work that are an integral part of the APTC courses.