Duration: Course duration is 22 weeks full time including one-week mid semester break. Students will attend classes for a minimum of 5 days per week. Additional out-of-hours study time will be required.
Delivery Mode: Face to face and work placement. Training will be delivered in English and incorporates language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) support.
As part of this qualification you are required to complete 120 hours of vocational placement. This will be organised by APTC and these hours are to be completed within the aged care industry. This is an opportunity for students to practise the skills and knowledge learnt in a supported environment.
You may be required to work a combination of day and afternoon shifts to complete these vocational placement hours. Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your shifts.
Note: It is a requirement for this qualification to complete a criminal history check.
Course Fees: The course fee is FJD2,100. The fee includes learning resources, stationery and uniform. The Australian Government subsidises the cost of the course including materials and consumables. Course fees are subject to change without prior notification. View current fees
- Be 18 years of age or older (note that the PALM Scheme requires candidates to be over 21 years of age for employment purposes in Australia)
- Citizen of a Pacific Island Forum country
- Have significant prior industry experience (more than one year) in the area in which they wish to train or have a local qualification and limited relevant industry experience (up to one year) in the area in which they wish to train
- Complete the Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment and Vocational Knowledge Assessment
Applicants may apply for recognition of prior learning
* Courses offered, course dates and fees may vary depending upon student and industry demand.