Duration: The program will be delivered part time over 12 months. Students are expected to attend full time study blocks of three x four weeks and one x five-week, confirmed before enrolment. Additional out of hours study time will be required including reading, research tasks, reflective exercises and role plays as directed by the trainer.
Delivery Mode: Training will be delivered face to face. Block dates that students must attend full time (8.30am – 5pm) study include:
- March 4th – March 29th 2019
- June 3rd – June 28th 2019
- October 7th – November 11th 2019
- January 20th – February 22nd 2020
Some weekend attendance may also be required during study blocks
Course Fees: FJD4,500. The fee includes stationery and uniform. Limited tuition fee waiver places may be available for eligible participants.
The Australian Government subsidises the cost of the course including materials and consumables.
Course fees are subject to change without prior notification. For current fees, visit: https://www.aptc.edu.au/courses/course-fees
- Citizen of a Pacific Island Forum country
- Have significant prior counselling experience (more than one year) or have a local qualification in counselling and limited relevant counselling experience (up to one year)
- Complete the Literacy and Numeracy Assessment and Vocational Knowledge Assessment
- It is expected that the student will be working in a paid or voluntary capacity as a counsellor whilst studying
Applicants may apply for recognition of prior learning.
* Courses offered, course dates and fees may vary depending upon student and industry demand.