The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a center for training excellence and collaboration, working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhances Pacific prosperity.
The TVET Trainer’s key responsibility is to facilitate training to demonstrate the principles of competency-based training and assessment (CBTA) and be able to provide examples of best practice models. This role involves the delivery of Competency Based Training and Assessment TVET programs, inclusive of the International Skills Training (IST) Program.
The Trainer will need to be able to unpack the relevant industry and/or national training package, and develop and customise training resources electronically to support TVET capability development in the Pacific region.
How will you be assessed:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 including the LLN unit (TAELLN411), assessment unit (TAEASS502) and relevant Australian vocational qualification.
- Minimum 3 years combined training, assessment and industry currency directly relevant to the training and assessment being delivered, including any relevant licence requirements.
- Current knowledge of Australian Standards for Registered Training Organisations and experience of a wide range of flexible and effective learning methodologies and ability to implement these in a cultural and gender sensitive manner to adult learners and experience in vocational training, learning and assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and/or coaching others, preferably in a culturally diverse context.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, report writing and file management skills including the ability to relate effectively, collaboratively and ethically to staff, students and other stakeholders (including the ability to liaise with industry and partner institutions).
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small and dedicated team across multiple sites.
To learn more about this position please review the Role Description and Information Kit.
Contract Duration: Until 30th August 2021
Remuneration: WST76,866 per annum inclusive of 9% superannuation.
To start an application click on the button below:
Closing Date: 9:59pm Samoa Time, Wednesday 14th April 2021
For enquiries, please call APTC Samoa Office on 26844.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.