The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a center for training excellence and collaboration, working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhances Pacific prosperity.
In your role as a Trainer you will be required to assess students’ knowledge and skills against the competencies of the relevant training package qualifications, develop training plans and deliver training in both on the job and off the job situations.
To be successful in this role you must have;
- TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment including the LLN unit (TAELLN411), assessment unit (TAEASS502) and Australian vocational qualification in Counselling or a related field at Diploma level or higher.
- Minimum 5 years combined training, assessment and industry currency directly relevant to the training and assessment being delivered, including any relevant licence requirements.
- Current knowledge of Australian Standards for Registered Training Organisations and experience of a wide range of flexible and effective learning methodologies and ability to implement these in a cultural and gender sensitive manner to adult learners and experience in vocational training, learning and assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and/or coaching others, preferably in a culturally diverse context.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, report writing and file management skills including the ability to relate effectively, collaboratively and ethically to staff, students and other stakeholders (including the ability to liaise with industry and partner institutions).
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint and the ability to work both independently and as part of a small and dedicated team across multiple sites.
To learn more about this position please review the Role Description and Terms and Conditions.
Contract duration: Until 30 June 2022
To start an application, click on the 'apply' button below
Closing Date: 11:59pm (Fiji Time) Wednesday 14th April 2021
For further information about the position please email Andrew Colquhoun (Vocational Training Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org
* Position offer is subject to DFAT Deployment approval.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.