The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is an Australian development program working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhance Pacific prosperity
The Electrical Technical Adviser is responsible for assisting Montford Technical Institute (MTI) in developing the Certificate IV Electrical program and aligning it to the Australian training package while ensuring it is contextualized to the needs of Tonga.
Reporting to the Vocational Training Manager (Samoa and Tonga) the Adviser is required to collaborate with colleagues to ensure training and delivery requirements comply with the relevant Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and National TVET Regulators as required.
In addition, the role includes the development of resources to ensure there is a complete resource bank for MTI to utilise and to implement activities that include coaching and mentoring of MTI training staff.
The Technical Adviser will primarily work from home. There is a planned component which would involve travel to Tonga if travel restrictions enable.
How will you be assessed:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 including the LLN unit (TAELLN411), assessment unit (TAEASS502) and Australian vocational qualification in Electrical.
- Minimum 5 years combined training, assessment and industry currency directly relevant to the training and assessment being delivered, including any relevant licence requirements.
- Current knowledge of Australian Standards for Registered Training Organisations and experience of a wide range of flexible and effective learning methodologies and ability to implement these in a cultural and gender sensitive manner to adult learners and experience in vocational training, learning and assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and/or coaching others, preferably in a culturally diverse context.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of training package resources.
To learn more about this position please review the Role Description and Terms and Condition.
Contract Duration: 3.5 months
Location: Australia based. Travel may be required to Tonga (Subject to DFAT Deployment Approval)
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit your application by clicking on the Apply button below:
Please ensure to:
- Clearly address all the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) in the application form and;
- Upload your current resume
For enquiries, please contact Andrew Colquhoun on email@example.com
Applications close 9:59pm Samoa Time, Sunday 7th March 2021
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.