About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence providing Australian standard training qualifications and skills across the Pacific region. As Australia’s flagship Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) investment in the Pacific, APTC works collaboratively with TVET stakeholders to achieve training delivery outcomes and reforms to Pacific TVET systems. By joining APTC, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce for the region. APTC has country offices in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Head Office is located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC has country offices established in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste (since July 2021). The Country Offices are supported by a range of services provided from a Regional Head Office (RHO) located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC is implemented by TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275) on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Marketing and Communication Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, development, execution and evaluation of APTC PNG promotion and communication activities in line with the APTC strategic priorities.
Reporting to the Manager Performance and Communication PNG, the Coordinator’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for the implementation of the APTC Communications Strategy within PNG to build and strengthen APTC’s reputation as a centre for training excellence and collaboration.
- Working in collaboration with the RHO Communications Team, the Marketing and Communication Coordinator has responsibility for providing quality control for APTC communications ensuring brand consistency, increased profile and marketing impact.
- Providing supervision for the PNG based Communications, Alumni and Events (CAE) Officer to coordinate alumni activities, provide effective strategic, administrative and practical support for the PNG Alumni Chapter and the implementation of the APTC Alumni Plan.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, communication OR relevant post-secondary qualification and demonstrated experience in a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience working in a senior communication, marketing or media relations role, preferably in an education or aid and development context.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear and engaging, content for a wide range of audiences and communication channels.
- Experience in developing social media/communication strategies and experience using various social media platforms.
- Experience in coordinating workflows with graphic designers, video/multimedia production consultants.
- Ability to manage workload and that of others to determine priorities to ensure tasks are completed within given timelines.
- Proven skills in working in a collective environment, including interpersonal skills to interact with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
For more information about this role, please review the Role Description and Terms and Conditions
Contract duration: Until 30th June 2023
Remuneration – PGK76,306 per annum, inclusive of 8.4% superannuation.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please ensure you:
- Address all the Key Selection Criteria questions available in the online application form.
- Upload your updated resume which includes the contact details for two (2) referees.
To start an application, click on the 'apply' button below
All applications must be submitted online. Please do not email applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 9:59pm PNG Time, Thursday 8 December 2022
For any enquiry relating to this role, please contact PNG Country Office on 76405600
APTC is an equal opportunity employer; fostering a fair, safe and socially inclusive environment, embracing all forms of diversity.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.