About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is a centre for training excellence providing Australian standard training qualifications and skills across the Pacific region. As Australia’s flagship Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) investment in the Pacific, APTC works collaboratively with TVET stakeholders to achieve training delivery outcomes and reforms to Pacific TVET systems. By joining APTC, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce for the region. APTC has country offices in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste. The Regional Head Office is located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC has country offices established in Fiji, Vanuatu, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Timor-Leste (since July 2021). The Country Offices are supported by a range of services provided from a Regional Head Office (RHO) located in Suva, Fiji.
The APTC is implemented by TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275) on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Assistant Manager Finance is a senior member of the finance team and is accountable, under the direction and guidance of the Manager Finance in delivering the financial accounts of APTC. The incumbent’s key responsibility is to provide a comprehensive professional accountancy service that fulfils APTC’s statutory, corporate and operational requirements.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Degree level qualification in accounting and CPA/CAA or similar professional membership.
- Experience of:
- 7 years in senior financial accounting roles with supervisory duties
- 5 years in preparing financial reports and cash flow statements in accordance with internationally recognised accounting standards
- 5 years in medium to large business environment with decentralised finance functions.
3. Proven ability to work independently, often under pressure, and exercise sound judgement in the development and implementation of financial management functions.
4. Demonstrated experience in operating within a finance environment using computerised finance systems.
5. Experience in establishing priorities, organising workloads, achieving objectives and meeting tight deadlines within medium to large business such as an education provider.
6. Advanced skill level in the use of Microsoft Excel and financial software systems.
7. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an eye for detail combined with sound written and oral communication skills in English & local language.
8. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small and dedicated team, as well as across multiple sites.
For more information about this role, please review the Role Description and Information sheet.
Contract duration: Until 30th June 2023
Remuneration – FJD60,941 per annum inclusive of 10% employer superannuation
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please ensure you:
- Address all the Key Selection Criteria questions available in the online application form.
- Upload your updated resume which includes the contact details for two (2) referees.
To start an application, click on the 'apply' button below
All applications must be submitted online. Please do not email applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji Time, Thursday 8 December 2022
For any enquiry relating to this role, contact email@example.com
APTC is an equal opportunity employer; fostering a fair, safe and socially inclusive environment, embracing all forms of diversity.
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.