Based in Port Moresby, PNG
*Only PNG national citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is an Australian Government aid and development program initially established as the Australia-Pacific Technical College in 2007. APTC works in partnership with regional industry, governments and selected Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions to assist the development of a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with labour market requirements that will enhance Pacific prosperity.
The Vocational Training Assistant (VTA) Fitting and Machining will provide support to the Trainer and students in the delivery of Certificate III Fitting and Machining course. In addition, the VTA will be offered a development program (internship) to advance their skills and provide experience in the Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- Australian industry qualification in Certificate III Fitting and Machining to the level being delivered and assessed or above.
- Recent relevant industry experience (minimum of 5 years), must have industry experience within the last two years.
- Communication skills to work with students of different nationalities. This includes a demonstrated capability in both written and spoken English.
Contract duration – until 30th June, 2022
Remuneration – PGK 34,054 per annum, plus 8.4% superannuation.
How to apply:
- View the Role Description
- View the Information Kit
- Register and complete the APTC Application Form below and submit with an updated CV only (qualifications may be requested at a later stage).
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji Time, Sunday, 17th June 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information about the position, contact Debbie Karo on +675 76405600
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.