Exciting Career Opportunity
Based in Port Moresby, PNG
Are you a Vocational Education and Training professional committed to making a real difference in the lives of individuals though acquisition of skills and qualifications for work?
The Australia-Pacific Technical College (APTC) is an Australian Aid program that has been delivering Australian Vocational qualifications in the Pacific for ten years. APTC works in partnership with regional industry, governments and selected Technical, Vocational Education and Training institutions to assist the development of a more competitive regional workforce and to improve the livelihoods of families and communities.
In your role as a Trainer – Electrotechnology you will be required to assess current workers’ knowledge and skills against the competencies of the relevant training package qualifications, develop training plans and deliver training in both on the job and off the job situations.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including the LLN unit (TAELLN411) and Australian vocational qualification in Certificate III Electrotechnology or above.
- Minimum 5 years combined training, assessment and industry currency directly relevant to the training and assessment being delivered.
- Current knowledge of Australian Standards for NVR Registered Training Organizations and experience of a wide range of flexible and effective learning methodologies and ability to implement these in a cultural and gender sensitive manner to adult learners and experience in vocational training, learning and assessment.
Contract term: Until 30th June 2018 (with a possibility of extension)
APTC Codes of conduct:
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to view and agree to the:
Child Protection Code of Conduct
Staff Code of Behavior
By applying for this position, you agree to these codes. A copy has been included here for your information only and you will be required to sign these as part of your contractual obligations with APTC.
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji Time, Sunday, 5th November 2017
How to Apply:
- View the Role Description
- View the Terms and Conditions
Applicants are required to register and complete the online APTC Application Form and submit it electronically with an updated CV by the due date. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information about the position please contact Brad Shaw, Country Manager PNG firstname.lastname@example.org
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.