*Only Solomon Islands national citizens are eligible to apply for this role
About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is an Australian Government aid and development program initially established as the Australia-Pacific Technical College in 2007. APTC works in partnership with regional industry, governments and selected Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions to assist the development of a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with labour market requirements that will enhance Pacific prosperity.
About the position
The National Vocational Tutor – Carpentry’s key objective is to provide support to the APTC students and trainers in the delivery of Certificate III Carpentry qualification. The incumbent will work under the supervision of a qualified trainer and will undertake professional development to build knowledge and skill levels to enable increased independence in training and assessment activities over time.
The Tutor will participate in the APTC Centre for Professional Development opportunities offered under the National Tutor Development Program:
- Completion of Certificate IV TAE
- Participation in other activities identified as part of the National Tutor Development Program to develop training and assessment skills
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- Australian vocational qualification in Carpentry to the level being delivered and assessed or above.
- Recent relevant industry experience (minimum of 5 years), must have industry experience within the previous two years.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the learning of students with different cultural backgrounds and abilities.
Contract duration – 1st July 2018 - 30th June 2019
Remuneration – SBD$41,675 per annum, plus 7.5% superannuation.
How to Apply?
- View the Role Description
- View the Terms and Conditions
- Apply Now
For further enquiries, please contact Pamela Morgan +677 21313
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji Time, Sunday, 27th May, 2018
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
APTC is managed by TAFE Queensland on behalf of the Australian Government.