*Only Solomon Islands national citizens are eligible to apply for this role
About Australia Pacific Training Coalition
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is an Australian Government aid and development program initially established as the Australia-Pacific Technical College in 2007. APTC works in partnership with regional industry, governments and selected
Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions to assist the development of a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with labour market requirements that will enhance Pacific prosperity.
The National Vocational Tutor – Carpentry’s key objective is to provide support to the APTC students and trainers in the delivery of Certificate III Carpentry qualification. The incumbent will work under the supervision of a qualified trainer
and will undertake professional development to build knowledge and skill levels to enable increased independence in training and assessment activities over time.
The Tutor will participate in the APTC Centre for Professional Development opportunities offered under the National Tutor Development Program:
- Completion of Certificate IV TAE
- Participation in other activities identified as part of the National Tutor Development Program to develop training and assessment skills.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- Australian vocational qualification in Carpentry to the level being delivered and assessed or above.
- Recent relevant industry experience (minimum of 5 years), must have industry experience within the previous two years.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the learning of students with different cultural backgrounds and abilities.
Contract duration – ASAP - 30th June, 2019.
Remuneration – SBD$41,675 per annum, plus 7.5% superannuation.
How to Apply?
- View the Role Description
- View the Terms and Conditions
- Register and complete the online APTC Application Form and submit with a recent CV only
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji Time, Sunday, 5th August 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For more information about the position contact Deborah Hattingh on 21313
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply.
APTC is managed by TAFE Queensland on behalf of the Australian Government.