*This position is reserved for Samoa nationals only.
About Australia Pacific Training Coalition (managed by TAFE Queensland)
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is an Australian development program working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhance Pacific prosperity.
The Learning Support Facilitator will be providing support to the APTC students in Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) including development to enhance learning. This role will assist student’s development to be able to meet their educational, vocational and life goals.
To be considered for this position, you must possess;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116).
- A recognised teaching qualification (minimum duration 2 years full-time equivalent study) which includes study in Language, Literacy and Numeracy, English as a Second Language or English, OR a degree with at least two years’ study in linguistics, communication, ESL or literacy and numeracy.
- Recent relevant teaching experience delivering English language or Language, Literacy and Numeracy for a minimum of two years, preferably in an adult vocational learning environment.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the learning of students with different cultural backgrounds and abilities.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to negotiate learning outcomes for students.
Contract duration: : Until 30th June 2020 (3 days per week)
Remuneration – WST 45,090 per annum, inclusive of 7% superannuation.
How to Apply?
Step 1: View the Role Description
Step 2: View the Terms and Conditions
Step 3: Register and complete the online APTC Application Form and submit with a recent CV only
For further enquiries, please contact Andrew Colquhoun on firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Applications sent via email will not be considered)
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji time, Sunday, 17th February 2019
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply