*This position is reserved for Fiji nationals only.
The Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC) is an Australian development program working in partnership with regional governments, industry and TVET training providers to develop a more skilled, inclusive and productive workforce aligned with domestic and international labour market requirements that enhance Pacific prosperity
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Facilitator will be required to coordinate the development of APTC’s GESI strategy, frameworks and guidance, ensure alignment of organisational policies, and provide high quality GESI technical assistance to country teams and TVET coalition partners. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing activities related to the APTC GESI strategy across the country offices.
This position will be based at the Regional Head Office in Suva, and may involve travel to Vanuatu, PNG, Solomon Islands and Samoa or other countries in the Pacific.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Post graduate tertiary qualification in Gender Studies, Gender and Development or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive work experience with theoretical frameworks and practical approaches to GESI mainstreaming including programme development, implementation and monitoring, evaluation and research
- Experience in coordination of Pacific GESI stakeholder groups and an understanding of development issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with the DFAT and United Nations gender equality and disability declarations and human rights treaties.
- Excellent verbal, written and ICT skills, and an ability to prepare quality responses and reports.
To learn more about this position please review the Role Description and Information Kit.
Contract duration: Until 30th June 2022
Remuneration – FJ$85,471 per annum, inclusive of 10% superannuation.
Applications close 11:59pm Fiji Time, Sunday 7th April 2019.
To start an application click on 'Apply Now ' below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
Previous applicants need not apply
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
APTC is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnical background, including persons living with disabilities to apply