Location: Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu.
Duration: Course duration is 15 weeks. Training will be delivered onsite (at client’s venue) through classes, tutorials and supervised work placement with observations by APTC Hospitality Trainer. Out-of-hours study time will be required.
Delivery Mode: Face to face. Training will be delivered in English.
Sample 15 week industry based program:
- 8.30 - 3.00pm from Monday – Thursday (Face to face classes)
- 9.00 - 4.30pm on Fridays (supervised work placement– rostered as per client requirement)
- 8.30 - 4.30pm from Monday – Friday (supervised work placement– rostered as per client requirement)
- Rostered work on weekends will also be required.
Course Fees: The course fees are FJD4,000*, PGK4,500, WST2,500, VUV120, 000 per participant. Fees current to December 2016. Fees include all training materials. Minimum of 16 participants per group for onsite delivery. The fee includes all training materials. The Australian Government subsidises the cost of the course including materials and consumables. Course fees are subject to change without prior notification. View current fees.
* Additional costs may be applicable depending on location of client venue. APTC is a registered training provider with FNU, Fiji. Fijian employers may be eligible to claim financial support for staff training through the Grant Training Levy.
- Must be a citizen of a Pacific Island Forum country
- Have significant prior industry experience (more than one year) in the area in which they wish to train or
- have a local qualification and limited relevant industry experience (up to one year) in the area in which they wish to train
- Complete the Literacy and Numeracy Assessment and Vocational Knowledge Assessment
Applicants may apply for recognition of prior learning.
* Courses offered, course dates and fees may vary depending upon student and industry demand.