Within the CHC40413 Certificate IV in Youth Work, students will learn the skills needed to develop and co-ordinate programs for young people through a range of community-based programs designed to address the social, behavioural, health, welfare, developmental & protection needs of young people, specifically those in the Pacific. This may be undertaken through employment in community, government, NGO’s & welfare agencies.
Throughout the course students will learn how to:
- utilise specialist communication skills to build strong relationships
- work within a legal and ethical framework
- facilitate co-operative behaviour
- work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- develop/monitor case management.
Graduates of this qualification will develop the skills needed to work as a qualified:
- Youth Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Community Development Worker - Youth
- Youth and Family Resource Officer
Graduates of this course will receive an internationally recognised Australian Qualification issued through TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275).
Download Course Brochure